The Covid-19 Pandemic has had a profound impact on our World, our Country, our Communities and on our personal lives. Business and Community Organizations also have been compelled to respond with immediate and decisive action. At Harmony Health Care Ltd., we have been consistently active in making adjustments and implementing protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of our clients, our employees and our community at large. From day 1 of this crisis, we have diligently followed the directives and updates provided by Doctor Bonnie Henry, BC Provincial Health Officer, as well as information released from BC Centre for Disease Control, Worksafe BC, BC College of Nurses and other relevant authorities. This resulted in regular directives being provided to Personnel to guide and support them in safe care delivery to our clients. Some of the general principles regularly reinforced are:
- If feeling unwell, stay home, self-isolate and contact your Doctor for direction
- Practice regular hand washing and hand hygiene
- Pay extra attention to cleanliness and sanitization, especially of high touch surfaces
- Stay at home whenever possible. Avoid crowds and social gatherings
- Practice Physical Distancing of at least 2 meters between others
- If 2 meters distancing isn’t possible, practice Universal Precautions including the use of PPE
- If low on PPE, contact office to have supply replenished
- Prior to entering a client’s home, use the Pre-screening tool to ensure safety
In addition to the above general principles, we do our very best to pay particular attention to the specific concerns expressed by clients, family members and personnel. Each situation is unique and we have been mindful to take the time to listen carefully and be sensitive to each person’s cares and concerns. In this way, a collaborative approach is utilized to address each individual situation.
One good thing about bad times is that they bring out, often in an extraordinary way, the very best within us. We have seen this play out day by day in our Personnel’s response to this crisis. They have listened, remained calm, kind, cheerful and steady. We are very proud of them and feel tremendous gratitude for their invaluable contributions!
Please protect yourself and others by observing the health and hygiene guidelines mandated by your locale. We will find our way through these difficult times safely and together. Remain vigilant and mutually supportive in your actions to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are here to support you.
Harmony Health Care Ltd.
Shirley was a good worker, most efficient and capable. It was a "breath of fresh air" compared to some of the workers I have had sent to me from another agency.